Full Stack Engineer – Vancouver, BC (Hybrid)
The software developers on our team are proud of the work they do, and you will be part of it. To accomplish this, we’re looking for a Intermediate Full-Stack Developer to develop new features for our apps, build well-tested modular interfaces, and create best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent programming language skills in cloud-based web applications using a modern technology stack (Lambda, Python, React, TypeScript, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, GraphQL, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development theory and state of the art practices
- Solving tough technical and business challenges by collaborating with your team and writing great code
- Experience with offline-first design and development
- Helping to define and support the infrastructure on which your code runs
- Developing tools, alerts, instruments, and monitoring for your code in collaboration with the DevOps team to ensure our applications are running smoothly
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is willing to mentor and coach more junior team members, helping to grow our team
- This type of person is action-oriented. For you, speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown great judgement about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way – and you’re comfortable with mistakes as long as you learn from them.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience information technology
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of experience and knowledge
- Familiarity with the Agile project management methodology
- Familiarity with statistical analysis (such as experiment design and hypothesis testing)
- Portfolio of software projects available for review
- Collaborates with product, design and other stakeholders to plan, breakdown and implement product features
- The depth and quality of your professional experience are more important than the quantity. We typically look for candidates with 5+ years of professional development experience (this doesn’t have to be in our stack, and it isn’t a requirement).
- Takes initiative, generating new and innovative approaches to problem solving
- Enjoys multi-tasking and cross-disciplinary work connecting engineering to the domains they are working in
Please submit your resume, cover letter to [email protected]