Full Stack Engineer (Vancouver, BC / Hybrid)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and dedicated Full-Stack Developer to join the
CheckSammy Software Development Team. Our company is growing rapidly, and we are seeking
developers who can help us grow further. The work you will be doing will play a crucial role in
helping us measure to turn back the clock on climate change on the global scale.
Under the direction of the VP of SaaS, your passion is delivering exceptional experiences and you are
aware of the impact you can have on the business. In addition to being able to design, implement,
and maintain technical solutions, you’re also able to work collaboratively with non-technical
The software developers on our team are proud of the work they do, and you will be part of it. To
accomplish this, we’re looking for a Intermediate Full-Stack Developer to develop new features for
our apps, build well-tested modular interfaces, and create best-in-class user experiences.
• Excellent programming language skills in cloud-based web applications using a modern
technology stack (Lambda, Python, React, TypeScript, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker,
• Demonstrated knowledge of software development theory and state of the art practices
• Solving tough technical and business challenges by collaborating with your team and writing
• Experience with offline-first design and development
• Helping to define and support the infrastructure on which your code runs
• Developing tools, alerts, instruments, and monitoring for your code in collaboration with the
DevOps team to ensure our applications are running smoothly
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Is willing to mentor and coach more junior team members, helping to grow our team
• This type of person is action-oriented. For you, speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive.
You’ve shown great judgement about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your
products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way – and you’re comfortable
with mistakes as long as you learn from them.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience information technology
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent
combination of experience and knowledge
• Familiarity with the Agile project management methodology
• Familiarity with statistical analysis (such as experiment design and hypothesis testing)
• Portfolio of software projects available for review
• Collaborates with product, design and other stakeholders to plan, breakdown and implement
• The depth and quality of your professional experience are more important than the quantity.
We typically look for candidates with 5+ years of professional development experience (this
doesn’t have to be in our stack, and it isn’t a requirement).
• Takes initiative, generating new and innovative approaches to problem solving
• Enjoys multi-tasking and cross-disciplinary work connecting engineering to the domains they
are working in
Please submit your resume, cover letter to [email protected]